Are we still in business? Absolutely, and we will be as long as this site is up.
Scroll down to see the many DIY troubleshooting topics below
Please go through the following DIY list; if you don’t see what you are looking for, you can look through the Q&A and/or ask a new question about your sprinkler timer.
This do-it-yourself page will help you troubleshoot and diagnose problems with the Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600 and other irrigation systems. We don’t want you to send in a sprinkler timer in for repair if it doesn’t need it. Click the links below to navigate the troubleshooting sections. If you’re asking “How do I …”, keep reading.
For RainDial RD-600, 900, 1200 PROGRAMMING HELP and manuals, click here
Choose the Rain Dial RD600 series problem DIY troubleshooting topic below.
- Rain Dial Sprinkler/irrigation valves chatter or buzz or water pressure seems low.
- Rain Dial Display says FUS or FU5 and a number
- Rain Dial Display shows 5En or SEn
- Rain Dial Display shows OF1 or OF… some number
- Rain Dial Dispaly shows P:On or P:Off
- Rain Dial Display shows OFF or blinks when turning on a valve manually
- Rain Dial Display is blinking – see above
- Rain Dial Time is frozen or cannot change the time
- Rain Dial Valves do not come on when they’re supposed to
- Rain Dial Determine if the valves are good
- Rain Dial Valves are stuck on or come on when they’re not supposed to
- Rain Dial Valves will not shut off
- Rain Dial The case door won’t open or you lost your key
- Rain Dial The case door breaks off or comes apart
Choose from Other Helpful Rain Dial and DIY troubleshooting “How do I …” topics below
- RainDial How to check the fuse
- Rain Dial How to test the transformer to know if the transformer is bad
- Rain Dial How to test if the valves or solenoids are bad.
- Rain Dial How to reset the RainDial controller and set it to factory defaults
- Rain Dial Programming tutorial
- Rain Dial Programming worksheet
- Rain Dial Typical Sprinkler Valve Wiring Diagram
Here is a video showing common symptoms that indicate when a Rain Dial Controller needs to be repaired.
If this information wasn’t enough to resolve the issue, we can help:
Send Rain Dial Timers in for repair?