Removing the rain dial for repair – Instructions
This page shows how to remove the RainDial timer from the wall unit – no tools, no electricity issues, no wiring. If you’re having it repaired, most of the time, only the timer module is needed.
This page contains instructions in two forms:
- two videos and
- written instructions with pictures
Video 1: module removal video.
Video 2: Back connector board removal video.
To have a unit repaired, simply bring me just the controller unit. It’s very easy to remove – see the following these steps for details.
- The hinge part on the main housing looks like this, it just clamps onto the controller.
- When you pull, it just separates enough to release it.
Pull straight off the top hinge, then the bottom one
- It’s true that it’s a little more work, but still reasonably easy, and if you’re comfortable removing it, we always recommend you send it too.
- It’s required for any of the more blue models (see the more-gray and more-blue models above)