Irritrol RD600 RainDial Series Repair – Rain Dial Sprinkler Timer Repair – “The Doctor is in.” – Proud to serve our customers since 2010
We repair and sell Rain Dial sprinkler timers/controllers: Irritrol Rain Dial Series RD-600, RD-900, RD-1200, and we’re the first and only site offering repair of the -R models (RD-600-R, RD-900-R, RD-1200-R) irrigation controllers. We prefer to give you your original equipment back instead of doing an exchange. RainDial parts and supplies can be found here.
Want your Rain Dial Repaired?
- Normally it takes ~15 seconds to remove the controller (the part with the dial and battery)
- Mail it to or drop it off at our location in North Phoenix/Glendale (click for directions). (Please use the contact us page to describe the model and problem before sending it. In some cases, we may need the back connector board too.)
- Include your phone number or email address, we’ll pay return postage
- We’ll repair it same or next day and contact you.
- Pay after we fix it with paypal, credit, (or personal check if sent with with unit)
- Cost is usually $30-$45 for an RD-600
- We’ll send it back (usually within a day or two)
That’s all there is to it.
- Some models require sending the back connector board as well as the timer; contact us for more details.
Note: We replace internal electronic components only, so as long as the controller is in reasonable condition and has an undamaged LCD display, it should be repairable.
Common problems we solve:
- Buzzing, chattering, or non-working valves
- Erratic or flashing displays
- It turns off immediately after you turn it on.
- Intermittent watering behavior
- Shorter than expected battery life
What we do – The Repair Process?
- Many of units are mailed to or dropped off at our location in North Phoenix/Glendale and picked up the next day
- Repair time is typically 1-2 days, same day with prior arrangements.
- The replacement parts have better ratings than in the original
- The work and parts replaced are guaranteed for 12 months+
- You’ll only pay if we can fix it.
- We have years of experience in the electronics and computer industry.
- In some cases, the backboard is needed for repair depending on the symptoms, contact us for more information.
What we do not do:
- We are not a landscaping or sprinkler/sprinkler system installation company; we only do electronic repair
- We don’t replace or fully refurbish units — we repair circuitry in your existing timer and return it.
- We can not repair or replace the LCD screens or replace labels or dials.
- We are not affiliated in any way with the Irritrol Rain Dial company.
- The Rain Dial timers are great, they’re easy to program and use and the screen is big enough to see easily.
- Removing the controller for repair and re-installing afterwards only takes a few minutes and can be done by anyone at any skill level.
- Older rain dial timers will likely have the same failing parts found in the one your’re replacing.
- Filling the landfills with timers that could be repaired just doesn’t make sense.
Helpful Troubleshooting Tips and instructions:
We’re firm believers in do-it-yourself – and we don’t want you to send us something to repair when it’s not broken. See the troubleshooting tab for lots of do it yourself diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Removal instructions – In most cases, only 15 seconds to remove and re-install
- How to Determine if the transformer or timer is really bad
- Fuse information
- User guides and manuals: http://raindialdoctor.com/irritrol-raindial-user-manuals/
- How to Reset the controller
- Older models – remove the battery and ribbon cable or turn off power and wait 10minutes.
- New models, see the Q&A section
If you need manuals for the various types, you can find them by clicking the on the User Manual Tab.