Scroll down to see the many DIY troubleshooting topics below
Please go through the following DIY list; if you don’t see what you are looking for, you can look through the Q&A and/or ask a new question about your sprinkler timer.
This do-it-yourself page will help you troubleshoot and diagnose problems with the Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600 and other irrigation systems. We don’t want you to send in a sprinkler timer in for repair if it doesn’t need it. Click the links below to navigate the troubleshooting sections. If you’re asking “How do I …”, keep reading.
For RainDial RD-600, 900, 1200 PROGRAMMING HELP and manuals, click here
Choose the Rain Dial RD600 series problem DIY troubleshooting topic below.
- Rain Dial Sprinkler/irrigation valves chatter or buzz or water pressure seems low.
- Rain Dial Display says FUS or FU5 and a number
- Rain Dial Display shows 5En or SEn
- Rain Dial Display shows OF1 or OF… some number
- Rain Dial Dispaly shows P:On or P:Off
- Rain Dial Display shows OFF or blinks when turning on a valve manually
- Rain Dial Display is blinking – see above
- Rain Dial Time is frozen or cannot change the time
- Rain Dial Valves do not come on when they’re supposed to
- Rain Dial Determine if the valves are good
- Rain Dial Valves are stuck on or come on when they’re not supposed to
- Rain Dial Valves will not shut off
- Rain Dial The case door won’t open or you lost your key
- Rain Dial The case door breaks off or comes apart
Choose from Other Helpful Rain Dial and DIY troubleshooting “How do I …” topics below
- RainDial How to check the fuse
- Rain Dial How to test the transformer to know if the transformer is bad
- Rain Dial How to test if the valves or solenoids are bad.
- Rain Dial How to reset the RainDial controller and set it to factory defaults
- Rain Dial Programming tutorial
- Rain Dial Programming worksheet
- Rain Dial Typical Sprinkler Valve Wiring Diagram
Here is a video showing common symptoms that indicate when a Rain Dial Controller needs to be repaired.
If this information wasn’t enough to resolve the issue, we can help:
Send Rain Dial Timers in for repair?